The Vancouver Opera Guild and Great Expeditions are working together to bring you some exciting opera tours for 2019 and 2020.
Wexford Festival Opera - October 27 2019 – November 05 2019
Enjoy five nights at the Wexford Festival Opera plus two nights in Dublin and two nights in Cork.Sightseeing includes the New Ross tapestry project, Waterford Crystal and Blarney Castle, as well as options in Wexford such as Historical Society Tours, Selskar Abbey and Opera House backstage tours.
- The Wexford program features three main evening operas – Massenet’s Don Quichotte, Antonio Vivaldi’s Dorilla in Tempe and Andrew Synnott’s La Cucina presented as a companion piece to Gioachino Rossini’s Adina.Included is the concert version of The Veiled Prophet by Irish composer Charles Villiers Stanford. Lunchtime recitals in St. Iberius Church and afternoon short operas round out the program.
- Performance of Tosca (in concert) at the Cork Opera House.
New York Metropolitan Opera - March 23 2020 – March 29 2020
Join us for another great trip to New York!
- Der Fliegende Hollander (Wagner) with Sir Bryn Terfel
- La Cenerentola (Rossini) with Tara Errault and Javier Camarena
- Tosca (Puccini) with Anna Netrebko
- Werther (Massenet) with Piotr Beczala, Joyce DiDonato and Etienne Dupuis
French Festivals - July 2020
An exciting stay in Paris followed by the International Opera Festivals in Aix en Provence and Beaune, Cote d’Or.